My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://planetpeoples.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A new internet Personae

So as Im sure most of yall know, Andrew is away on a pilgrimage to the promise land. As such, Ive taken over blog responsibilities until he gets back. Its been fun. We've had some laughs, right? But I wanted to get a little bit personal today. You see lately Ive been worried about my internet personae. That is, the way I as a single, young, attractive, intelligent man present myself on the web.

The other night I was at a friend's house having dinner. My friend Paula says to me, "You know Russ, Ive got a friend who I think you would really like. Do you want to see some pictures of her?" And of course I did. So we proceed to browse her Facebook profile. We are looking at the pictures, and she is a pretty girl, and in some of the photos she looks prettier than she does in others, and in some of the photos she looks like a drunken sorority girl, and in some of the photos she looks like the type of woman you want fireman-carry through the threshold of a french villa and give foot-rubs to. And so based on what I saw of this girl's facebook profile, I built a first impression of her as a potential candidate for sex or dating.

And thats all fine and well until I realized that the same thing must be going on in reverse. It must happen that girls have sat around and browsed my internet personae, judging me for candidacy for dating or sex. It concerned me a great deal. I have always been a champion of the free-spirited posting of funny and even incriminating photos. Here are some pictures of me that have been previously posted on Myspace or Facebook.





Im sure the girls weren't lining up to meet the guy that did that man-gina in front of a burnt-out truck.  Or asking their friends to please introduce them to that sexy man with a turtle in his mouth.  How bout that stud in a laundry-hamper being fed beer by some blonde girl. and its so hot how in that next photo he is giving that girl a fish-hook.  God, Ive just got to meet him!  Unfortunately I don't think they are saying these things.

So I have begun to de-tag myself from these types of photos.  Does it make me a sell-out? Maybe.  Will I keep posting these types of pictures on this blog? Yes.  And Ill tell you why.  Girls don't read blogs.  I mean, some do but lets face it, the blog reading woman is going to understand the artistic genius in the man-gina photo.  Or in this hand stand photo that I am so proud of. (am I wrong Liz and Megan?)



But maybe what I need to do is just give my internet self a bit more balance. Keep those naked pictures of me with clown make-up (see earlier posts on this blog) on the web because they rule, but try to also put up some decent pictures where I look handsome. Now is that such a revolutionary idea? Its funny its taken me years to figure this out. So if you've got em people, start uploading pictures of me where I look attractive to facebook or myspace. Here's one for reference:



Now that is one handsome guy!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Russ...I do read dem' blogs for one, for two that picture of you naked above the stairs was plastered on my artbox in college, and three you are a handsome devil!

June 17, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

I will never love anything in life the way I love that photo of you doing a handstand.

June 17, 2008 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Does this mean that the picture I absolutely love of you and Andrew in the bathroom will never see the light of day?

June 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger P said...

Russ, if i may chime in with a masculine perspective...

I see what you're getting at, but by God.. your handsome looks alone will only get you so far. Granted, wild antics aren't every girl's bag of dicks, but you have to admit there's something unbelievably appealing about someone who can be wild and crazy, which actually enhances their attractiveness – and that goes for both sexes.

For example, the girl you were looking at pictures of on the facebook.. if there was one picture of her that was of equal or greater epicness to your handstand picture.. you would have left that dinner immediately and banged down her door.. or at least I would have.

I mean, you could be a down right ugly fucker (take it from me).. but if you've got the cahones to do some of the things you've done, you become legendary.. and as we all know: Legends get laid.

Some examples include Evel Knievel, Terry Richardson, most pro skaters.

Don't fight it Russ.. You're a handsome devil with a wild side. Let 'er rip. Lion style.

xo

June 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger AlexPasternak said...

I may have some naked Russ shots to post soon as well... we're all allowed to participate in this, right?

June 24, 2008 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger clandestimo said...

wait alex... does anyone REEALLY want to see Russ naked? i've been there and done that, and would rather not go back down that road.

June 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Russ Finkelstein said...

bring it on alex

June 25, 2008 at 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home