My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://planetpeoples.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July


232 years ago today, the Declaration Of Independence was passed by Congress. We kicked the oppressors from our shores and to this day light off fireworks and drink beer before noon to rub it in their face. I like that. As a teenager I always looked forward to getting drunk at the beach with my friends on the 4th. Everyone we knew was there, girls wore bikinis and you could swim in the ocean drunk. I suppose any expectations I have now for a good Independence Day weekend would be measured to those days of innocence. Though time must tick on, and as 9/11 becomes a more distant memory, the level of hilariously embarrassing displays of patriotism are waning. However i'm sure if you keep your eyes peeled and your cameras perched, a FUCK OSAMA sticker or an oversized THESE COLORS DON"T RUN shirt is just around the corner. Ah, the good old days.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home